Saturday 16 July 2016

Covers & Caffeine #1- The Selby Is in Your Place

Inside the pages of The Selby, enter the homes of famous creatives, artists and fashion royalty.



Before I start babbling on, two of my favourite things in life are my book collection and my daily fix of caffeine. As a new feature to the blog, I will be sharing with you my favourite, most inspirational books. First up, is 'The Selby Is in your Place', a book by photographer, blogger and all round creative dreamboat, Todd Selby. 



The Selby (for short), consists of over 30 profiles of interesting humans and photographs of their creative homes and work spaces. The list of entries include model Erin Wasson (featured), designer Zandra Rhodes and Carrie Bradshaw's own God Christian Louboutin. Not all those that feature in The Selby are extravagantly rich, or well known. But what is for sure, is that the interiors featured within the cover of this publication will take you on a visual journey through some of the most creative interiors on the planet. 


I first got introduced to The Selby through a friend. Immediately, I started flicking through the pages in awe. Not a lot can shut me up, but I was instantly transfixed. Whilst interiors aren't everyones cup of tea, it is the kind of book that anyone can enjoy and feel inspiration leaping from the pages.



Being naturally inquisitive of people and their similarities and differences, it really interests me how people decide to put their mark on their personal space. I believe that a lot of the time, someones space speaks volumes about an individual. Interiors do not have to be uniform, "pretty", or even matching. Interiors can be such a great way to really get expressive and put your mark on your space. This is what these creatives have done and each and every one of the entries in the book are inspiring. A little secret- if I ever win the lottery and learn how to take pictures half as good as Todd Selby, this would be my dream project. 



Of course, the images in this post are limited. I was unable to photograph every page of the book, because I think Mr Selby would be pretty mad. However, luckily for you, if you want to have a peak inside the cover of The Selby without making the financial commitment, you can head over to The Selby website and explore interiors to your hearts content. 

Click on the images below to head to some of my favourite profiles on the website.

Sara Thomas of Waiste Vintage

Olivier Zahm founder of Purple Magazine



I hope you have enjoyed this post. Please let me know if you have any books that really inspire you, I am always on the hunt to add to my collection!

Until next time...










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig