Sunday 3 July 2016

Homesense Blogging Event

HomeSense opened their doors to the Southampton bloggers for an evening of food, drink and HomeSense dreamery.




Being a newbie in blogland, this was my first ever blog event, I was super excited to meet the Southampton blogger ladies and have a good old fashioned shop in the Hedge End HomeSense store.
Upon arrival we were greeted by two PR dreams who handed us gift certificates, drinks and nibbles. We were then free to roam the store, snapping our favourite items.



For those of you who have never been to a HomeSense store, or for those who don't have a store in your town- HomeSense is a gigantic mix-bag of delicious; selling everything you could need for your homes from soft furnishings, to accessories, stationary, books and gardenware. 

HomeSense are a part of the TK Maxx family and an extension on the TK Maxx homeware department. Us Sotonians are lucky enough to have both HomeSense and TK Maxx under one roof at our Hedge End twin store. If there is something you need for your home and you can't find it in here, dare I say that you probably just haven't seen it yet. They really do have it all!


Throughout the store there are so many displays and sections, making it super easy to find what you want. However, I do warn you that the store will hypnotise you with home ware happiness and if you aren't lucky, your friends and relatives may send out a search party.



If you are looking to refresh your interiors and are struggling for inspiration, no fear! The HomeSense stores have an array of displays and miniature room-sets for you to seek and find. The miniature room-sets vary from living rooms, to bedrooms, dining areas and so on. I have to say, this is one of my favourite features within the HomeSense stores. It is always exciting and inspiring to see how new products can be styled together in various ways, even if you aren't a massive interior design obsessive like myself. 

Check out some of my favourite displays from the store below...





HomeSense is often my go-to for scoping out interesting items to refresh my interior and work space. Amazingly, the store sells items at discounted prices. So just like their TK Maxx sistaahyou get the quality and style for a fraction of the price. This is where it gets dangerous- with so many items to choose from it is hard to walk away without a basket full of goodies. 






My housemate thinks I need help for my addiction to buying candles... and yes okay maybe I have a lot of candles, but they are a great way to freshen up and restyle areas of your interior that need a bit of a boost. I have a love thangg for anything orange, so when I saw my first purchase it was a definite must. This super cute, divine smelling candle was a barg at £6.99 and has taken pride of place on my window sill- adding that very much needed splash of colour.



P.S. the terrarium was also a HomeSense purchase from a previous visit. These are super popular at the moment and look amazing. HomeSense have an array of terrariums in all shapes and sizes. Some that are already filled and some that you can fill yourself if you are feeling a little crafty and adventurous.

My second purchase was this Flamingo notepad. I have wanted a small jotter for a while now. Something to take around with me to take down my inspirations on the go. Yes, I know smart phones have notepad functions, but I am a little old school. I fell in love with the colour combo and gold flamingo pattern. This pad was handmade in Italy sweetie darling and at £4.99, was an absolute steal!



Lastly, when you think of a home store, you don't automatically think of books. However, HomeSense has an abundance of amazing discounted books. From fashion to cookery, you never know what you might find when you are having a rummage! This leads me onto my final purchase which shouted my name from afar! Those who are familiar with my Instagram or know me well, will know how obsessed I am with vintage interiors. And woah mamma, this beauty was discounted, twice! All hail the House and Garden publication of "Fifties House" for £4.99! Dream win!




Being an interior design freak, when I heard that the Southampton bloggers had an event coming up at HomeSense, I dived at the chance to attend. If you haven't been to a blog event before, I recommend having a search in your local area to find a group similar. It is an amazing way to meet lovely co-bloggers and have a lot of fun roaming new places on the hunt for something pretty, or even just a little inspiration. If you don't have a group in your area, go for gold and make one! I am sure you will not be alone!


Finally, I would love to say a massive thank you to HomeSense for having us, a huge thank you to Fran and Emma of Publicasity for being amazing hosts and a big thanks to the Southampton blogger ladies for making me feel so welcome and being all round babes. Go check them all out because they are an absolute force!



Click to find your nearest Home Sense Store

Until next time...









SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I love your pics, love your post and love your purchases! Such a great, fun and easy to read post. Glad you enjoyed the event, it was my first blogger outing too! You might be a newbie but really liking your Blog, some great content :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm over at bebebearcubs.blogspot.co.uk- Parenting & Lifestyle blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha! Thank you so much! That was super nice to read. I still have my L plates on but hoping I am going in the right direction! I am catching up with blog posts this evening, I am excited to take a look at yours in a sec. Was lovely to meet you! xx

      Delete
  3. This is a fantastic post. The flowers! The Cushions! The bowls! I want to buy it ALL. Some stunning photographs here too. Heading straight to the nearest store ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig