Thursday 14 July 2016

The AirBnB Diaries - Entry 1

Think staying in a stranger’s home, in a new city is weird? I did too, until I had my first Air B’n’B experience. Grab a cuppa, take a look inside the home of my lovely host and I’ll tell you all about it…


I won’t lie to you, when Jo and I were having conversations about where to stay for our trip to Bristol, I had reservations in using Air BnB. I am no snob, just a bit of a worrier and I didn’t want to be tricked to entering a stranger’s house- never to be seen again! (I think I’ve watched too many horror films). Also, honestly, whilst it shouldn’t still be a thing, sometimes being gay is still a thing for some people. So I was a little weary of how this was going to go.

Nonetheless, not really knowing what to expect, me and my lady pulled up outside our home for the night, or at least we thought. Looking out of the window to see a house covered in scaffolding on one side of the road, we hoped so much that we weren’t going to be spending the night sleeping in the cement bags!

Luckily enough, this was not the case- the opposite, in fact. A little further up the street, our room could be found inside the door of number 62, a quaint terrace house with a matte gray door and a beautiful window box full of orange blooms.



As soon as we met our host, we felt at ease. We were welcomed into Sarah’s home, which is absolutely gorgeous and shown to our room for the night. At this point I cannot tell you the relief I felt!
I chose Sarah’s home online because of the location and price, but once I entered the front door, I soon found that Sarah’s home is also an absolute gem!

The house has a very quaint, country feel. There is beautiful hard wood flooring running throughout the downstairs and Parisian art adorning the walls. Two things, may I add, that I adore!







The downstairs is split between the living room and a very charming open-plan kitchen/diner, with a beautiful fireplace, wooden furniture and a striking feature wall. Sarah’s home has a distinct taste of rustic design, with a twist of vintage style, echoing throughout her home.



There are many small decorative details, which compliment the neutral tones of the house. Including more framed art, antique mirrors and homewares. The home felt quite cottage-like to me, a country getaway with city benefits.

 


I am not usually one to fall in love with bathrooms. I think sometimes people find it a little difficult to explore with different styles and opt for a “sea-side” theme or something similar (not that there is anything wrong with that!). Sarah’s bathroom continued to team vintage style, with rustic modern. With a stags head mounting the wall above a beautiful painting (don’t worry, it wasn’t a real stags head). These details accessorised the bathroom amazingly well. I was dying to bathe in the beautiful stand-alone tub, but I unfortunately ran out of time.

 

 





Not only did I have an amazing first experience of Air BnB, I ended up coming away with some inspiration for my own home. Sarah’s home was an absolute sanctuary. Located a twenty minute walk from the town centre, it was everything you could ask for in a room for the night. The area was peaceful, the location was great and even I didn’t get lost en route! I would absolutely rate my stay with Sarah a 10 out of 10. Not only am I very much still alive, Sarah was extremely lovely and welcoming.

Do you have any reservations about using Air BnB, or find your stay as amazing as I did? Give me a comment and let me know about your experiences!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig