Wednesday 27 July 2016

Trend Watch - The New Perspective


Trend alert! The circular mirror is currently dominating the world of interiors. Always on the hunt for something to reinvigorate my interior, I have been scoping out inspiration and wanted to share my favorite finds with you all for some mid-week, pre payday interior fantasising... come on in!

So you may know by now that I am not one to stick to traditions or strictly conform with my design style or where I find my inspiration. With that in mind, on a recent visit to London I ventured to THAT BATHROOM to see for myself the unconventional space that has swept across the internet, dominated interior inspiration boards and covered Instagram of late. You got it- it can only be the ladies lavish lavatories in Hoxton Hotel, Holborn! I only have taken one photograph because I was anxious that if someone caught me taking photographs in a bathroom, I may have been branded a weirdo for life. Nonetheless, the rumors were true- the bathroom in this place was absolutely gorgeous and has been the foundation on which inspired me to create this post. As you can see from the room, one of the key features is the row of circular mirrors. 
This was where my circular obsession truly kicked in...


For a while now I have been loving circular mirrors. They break away from the traditional geometric shapes and are versatile by way of fitting into any interior space. Be it an entrance space, hallway, bedroom, or bathroom. With that in mind, I could not help but to have a Pinterest rummage for styled circular mirrors which will get our creative juices flowing.






Don't be put off from the myth that styling a circular mirror can be a trickier than the traditional geometric shapes. The beauty of these mirrors are that they are such a strong pieces individually, that they require as little or as much styling as you like.
Circular mirrors don’t only look sleek, modern and quirky- they also have functional attributes. As with traditional shapes, mirrors are a great way to open up a space. Circular mirrors also have a softer, smooth effect. Leading your eye around the space in which it is hung. 

GET YOURS HERE- 

IKEA - SKOGSVÅG, £25 (bargain buy)

JOHN LEWIS, £50 - £95 (mid-range) 

 
HEALS, £395 (if ya feeling fancy)


It is a dead cert that circular mirrors feature heavily on the trends radar and an item that will not be disappearing any time soon. Featured in many of our favourite design collections and blogs, it is clear to see why these babies will be hanging around for some time (pun cityyy, sorry!). 

What is on your payday wishlist?

Until next time...


(all images sourced from Pinterest)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Gorgeous post! Is it normal to want to live in a bathroom?? Those mirrors...*Swoon*

    ReplyDelete

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig