Saturday 11 June 2016

Artist Residence Brighton


Pier views + art work + amazing interiors
= the recipe for the most delicious boutique hotel in Brighton.


Tucked away in the heart ­of Brighton's Regency Square is the 23-bedroom townhouse hotel, The Artist Residence. ­­

On a recent trip to Brighton, unfortunately I had to slum it at the Hilton as there was no room at the inn. However, after seeing images of The Artists Residence online, I was still desperado to see what treasures lurking behind that bright pink door.
After being greeted by gorge tiled flooring, guests are exposed to stunning brickwork & art prints adorning the entrance hall. 



For those not lucky enough to be spending the night, the hotel has a café and two bars, one regular and one cocktail shack. As it was only midday, I reluctantly refrained from experiencing the cocktails, but did pass the ground floor bar which looks a little like this…


As soon as I entered the door at number 33, I was a gonner. Snapping away at first site of the ground floor Café.


The Café is at the front of the building, with west pier views. And oh em geeee, it’s beautiful! The walls are painted matte grey and styled with locally sourced artwork, creating a striking modern contrast. One wall home to a large light box Café sign, the opposite wall home to a large circular mirror hung on exposed brickwork above the fireplace and teamed with even more art. 





There is old style communal seating and long wooden tables dressed with rustic clipboard menu’s, vintage style tins, cacti and succulents. The coffee is scrumptious and the setting is an insta-op dreamland. This room sets the bar high for the rest of the hotel.



Making my way through the ground floor of the hotel, the next room I came across took me in a completely new direction in terms of the décor. The second room I visited was a beautifully cosy parlour with seating, books and you got it, more art work. 



Details of the room, continued the use of matte grey for the rails, radiator covers and ceiling.


The floral wallpaper and Japanese style wicker furniture were set against Persian style rugs, leathers, woods and industrial lighting. The beauty of this eclectic mix of textures and materials work in harmony to give this room a unique interior experience.



Whilst I was unable to venture any further, my interior dreams had come true and The Artist Residence seriously lives up the hype. With a chilled, creative vibe, the hotel is delicious. Mixing a spectrum of design styles, with a delicious menu and a dreamy location. I absolutely cannot wait to return. Until then I have been stalking them on twitter and insta, the links are below:










 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I really want to go here! It's been on my list for a while now. I love the mix of decor and you've caught it with some fantastic shots.

    ReplyDelete

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig