Saturday 4 June 2016

Birthday Photo Diary

CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE…
Another year older and wiser. That's the saying, right? Here is my birthday photo diary post, with snaps of my shenanigans over my birthday weekend.


Hello guys!

Been M.I.A for a couple of weeks now, not due to the lack of wanting to post, but due to the lack of minutes in my life. Things have been moving pretty fast lately, but fear not I have a laaat of posts up my sleeve for you.
So one reason for the lack of minutes for blogging is that it was my birthday very recently. I don’t tend to celebrate on just one day and get over it, I tend to drag my birthday’s out for as long as possible. Go hard, or go home right?
This one wasn’t any different; it started the day before my birthday with the most scrumptious trip of dreams to one of my fave places- the lovely little playground that is Brighton. Staying in the Hilton on the sea front, the victorian hotel was extremely beautiful- a marble and chandeliers kinda vibe.






The first aim of the game was to have a prosecco to fill my bloodstream and to eat my body weight in Italian food at Jamies Italian. The food here is always amazing. Jo used to work at Jamies for a few years, so it is always a favourite of ours when we go for dinner.  


After dinner, we had a serious battle on our hands to fight against the wind of winds- anyone who knows Brighton will know that the conditions on the sea front of a windy evening can be a deal breaker between a good and bad hair and make-up day, regardless of how many hours of prep you've put it!


I managed to make this scenario extra dangerous by covering my face in birthday glitter… luckily I can report that I did not lose an eye and managed to hop into a cab and head to the beautiful All Saints church unharmed.

I can’t say I attend churches on my birthday on the regular, but this was in aid of attending the music event put on by the Great Escape festival. We went to see Mura Masa, Shura and Oh Wonder perform in the most beautiful music venue I ever did see...



  
A little unconventional, but the experience was amazing. The synergy of the lighting, smoke effects, sound and architecture of the church made for a unique, deeply atmospheric experience.

The morning to follow brought ma birthdayyyyyy!

It also brought an amazing breakfast in bed, a bundle of pressies and a happy birthday plate of treats from the Hotel… BEST WAKE UP EVER, thank you Hilton!!

Caffeine and food intake complete, me and my human ventured out into Brighton for the day. Soaking up the vintage, the café’s and day two of the Great Escape Festival markets and events.



 

Rounding up the trip was a visit to my parents to see my favourite pooch in the land. This little guy is the most adorable Prince Charles (a.k.a. charlie for short).


I hope you have enjoyed having a peak into what I got up to for my birthday weekend. I will be sharing some amazing interiors I photographed during my time in Brighton in the near future. In the mean time, where are your favourite Brighton spots? I'd love to know!

Until next time...


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig