Monday 27 June 2016

Bristol Photo Diary

One trip, two days and a whole lotta Catfish & the Bottlemen.
Bristol... I love ya!

Hey err'ybadddy,
Although it's Monday, I am still in weekend mode and although I am back home, I've left my heart in Bristol. 
My beautiful human bought us tickets to go and see Catfish and the Bottlemen perform at Bristol Harbourside. Other than one drunkenly vague house party experience, I had never been to Bristol. Neither had Jo and after hearing so many good things about the city, we took it as a sign that we should visit for the weekend.

Saturday
After some caffeine and a lot of car karaoke, we wound up at our home for the night. As this seems to be the weekend of firsts, Jo and I decided our first trip to Bristol was also the perfect opportunity to try out Air b'n'b. A little dubious as newbies, we were amazed to find that we were staying in such a beautiful home (keep an eye out for a future post super soon)!


The house was country and cosy, with a quirky modern twist. Art adorned the walls of Sarah's Victorian home which was as beautiful on the outside, as it was in. We definitely experienced massive amounts of interior decor envy!


So, the time finnaaaaally arrived to go and see ma boys! I could not cope with how excited I was. It was probably a little embarrasing, but that's okay sometimes... right?


We were lucky enough to get an amazing view of the stage. Singing my lungs out with glitter on my face and a rosé in hand, I literally could not have been happier. Catfish were incredible, as always. I would recommend anyone checking them out if you haven't already! Sorry about the quality of the pictures here- there is only so much I can do with an old iPhone and ever-moving subjects!

 
Pretty much died and went to Catfish heaven that night. Can you tell I'm a bit of a fan..?



A few more cocktails later and we headed back through the bustling streets of Bristol. It's pretty much go hard, or go home in your town, hey! I am not as hardcore as I used to be, so we opted for the latter, ready for a day of Sunday adventures.

Sunday


As lovers of coffee and art, we made a beeline for the Stokes Croft area of Bristol. The streets burst with vintage shops, independent café's, bars and street art. It's no wonder this is known as the cultural quarter of the city. 






Before heading home, we went for lunch at the beautiful Poco, a Tapas Bar & Restaurant. 


Topped up on caffeine and brunch, it was time to say goodbye to this lovely town and get on the road.

How was your weekend lovely humans?






SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love this post. It makes me want to visit Bristol. Especially if staying in that Air BnB is an option! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

© WILDE PHENE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig